Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cannon Centurion Cylon & Lieutenant Boomer


So I'm not really a fan of Battlestar Galactica. Mostly because I've made a conscious effort not to watch the episodes because I'm afraid of getting sucked into another series. Maybe when Lost is over I'll get the DVDs. Actually, to tell the truth, I've watched 2 episodes of the BSG series, the last two episodes. I knew what was going on because even though I haven't watched the show, I have researched it using wikipedia.

That's just how I roll.

But since I'm not a fan, why get these figures? Well for one thing, they were on sale. $2 for 2 minimates. Good deal. But in addition to that, these are good looking minimates. The costume detail on Boomer is good, and the likeness is fairly well done. That's a plus, because I've not been impressed with the other designs in the BSG minimate line. They mostly look like generic males and females with a tenuous resemblance to the original actors. It's why I didn't get the Adama minimate despite my strong desire for an Edward James Olmos minimate.

Will I get any more from this series? Maybe, if they're really cheap and the costume design looks good. Otherwise, probably not.

And the Cylon design is pretty impressive/cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment