Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Lego Minifigures series 11


I'm pretty sure that these ever more frequent minifigure series are what's slowly causing my disinterest in Legos. Remember how I was super enthusiastic about Legos? That's no longer the case. And I blame the exhaustion of trying to collect the blind packed minifigures. It's not enough to find them in stock, now I've got try and figure out what's in each bag?

Instead of being happy to buy some Legos I end up being disappointed by my Lego purchases. Even if I get everything I want, the whole process is under a cloud of potential disappointment. And that process, the squeezing, the guessing, that's a tedious process that I now associate with the Lego brand.

Also, the blatant racism is kinda getting to me. The island dude has a bone in his hair? What? I don't demand historical accuracy, but I'd ideally like there to not be a reliance on stereotypes of other cultures. Hair bones should only be used with cavemen.

2 comments:

  1. Somebody mention a caveman?? I now what you mean. I stopped getting the minifigures after series 3. Too much time and effort and I lost interest. I still love Lego but as far as collectible figures go, nah. I've sold them all now. Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete