Thursday, November 28, 2013

Black Thursday

I'm totally against Thursday Black Friday sales... although I was mighty tempted by one this year at Toys R Us. Their Skylanders deals are pretty good, buy 1 get 1 70% off. Thursday only. I had to remind myself that it wasn't worth  betraying my principals... especially after I did the math and realized I'd only be saving $5 since Toys R Us  pretty regularly does Buy 1 get 1 40% off on Skylanders.

Meanwhile I love Fry's Electronics approach. CLOSED THURSDAY but you can go online starting 9am Thursday and buy any of their black friday items for black fridays prices if you do local store pickup, basically doing your black friday shopping online and just picking it up at your leisure on Friday. No staff required to work Thursday except for a couple IT guys on call to keep the servers from crashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment