Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olds 442

So full disclosure: I don't really know anything about cars so almost every Hot Wheels purchase I make will be based on aesthetic choices. Which leads us to today's Hot Wheel profile, the Olds 442.


I picked this up because 1) I like the shape of the body, which is true of many of the muscle cars from this era. (Okay, I know a tiny bit about cars, mostly what I've learned from movies and Home Improvement episodes.) 2) I like the design of the paint. I'm a fan of the colors purple and green when they're used together. You know, like the Riddler or the Joker. Seriously, I'm going to pretend this is the Joker's car. The fun Super Friends era Joker, not the scary psychotic modern Joker.


From what I can tell, this is #6 in a series of 10 cars that came out in 2010. I'm not really sure how Hot Wheels categorizes its car releases each year, so that's something I'll need to work on. All I do know is that this car works a hell of a lot better than the Red Baron going through the loop and ramp. As far as I'm concerned that means this is a winner!

Hot Wheels Purchased: 2

4 comments:

  1. Or maybe it's the Hulk's car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, this 1 is cool! (i'm a big fan of Hot Wheels.. they are the toys that I can only afford to buy when I'm broke of exessive toy purchase.. lol, and still they are beautiful toys!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to add to your automobile knowledge, it is called the 442 because it is a 4 speed with a 4-barrel carburetor and dual (2) exhaust. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bubba: that is 1 great info I need to know! thanks Bubba :)

    ReplyDelete