Monday, May 21, 2012

Battle Droids: Infantry

When I first decided to get back into 1:6 scale figures, I didn't think I'd end up getting any of the Star Wars figures from Sideshow. The ones made back in the day by Kenner were horrible (Although I have a pit droid that is kinda cool but even that is pretty pitiful.) But then I saw something that made me reconsider.

Battledroids.


I don't know why, but I very much enjoy the Battledroids. But I also like Phantom Menace more than I did Revenge of the Sith or Attack of the Clones. I just like that they made these droids that look like they're made out of balsa wood. Who does that? And they're the soldiers? On tiny little toothpick legs? Really?

So yeah, I like the Battledroids. So when I found out that they're available from Sideshow with an insane amount of articulation and you get two for the cost of a normal Sideshow figure, I was like, okay. That works for me.

I've only taken pictures of one of the droids. They're pretty much identical. They each come with a backpack and guns, but I've found that some poses are hard to balance the figure in if you have the backpack on. (And don't think it's a backpack, but whatever. Sci-fi.) And damn can they do a lot of poses. This is pretty much all the articulation I want out of an action figure. Even a 12" one.


You can even get them to do the crouching pose! For when their Operating System goes into standby mode... Presumably so they can save battery life.


Yup, that neck retracts into the body. It has an extendable neck. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment