Monday, October 10, 2011

Spartan Air Assault (female)

Since I like the web series "Red vs. Blue" I've been vaguely interested in The Macfarlane Toys Halo figures for years. Not so much for the Halo games. I've not been a fan. But love that "Red Vs. Blue." One day they'll make figures that will double for the characters I know and love, but when they do will I actually want to buy them? I don't know if the figures are any good.

So I picked up this Halo figure when I found it for $4. It's pink, so it's a girl! I'm assuming in the games this isn't as sexist as it seems. Or maybe it is, I don't know. The only pink armored character I know is Private Donut who is a dude because that's the joke. But hey, this figure is pretty good. The sculpting is as good as you'd expect from Macfarlane and the articulation is pretty extensive, if not a little confusing at times. There's so many joints that I have trouble keeping them aligned properly. But this does mean that the poses you can make are pretty extensive. It almost makes me want to go out and get some more, but I'm gonna wait for the figures that resemble characters I know. Unless they come out with a hilarious version of a spartan that I can't resist picking up. Like if they make a Spartan that's colored so it resembles a panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment