Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Payton the Senior Secretary"

I might have to come up with a new Tag to describe 1:6 scale figures who are designed to look like a celebrity but aren't officially sold as being a figure of that celebrity. It's actually a pretty popular trend thanks to the large number of 1:6 scale figures coming out in Asia. Usually it's a figure billed as a generic cop or  soldier, but really it's based on actor X's character in that movie.


Which leads us to ZCWO's figure "Payton the Senior Secretary," but really it's Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts from the Iron Man movies. Originally the figure comes with a huge mess of accessories and outfits, including an offfice chair, 1:6 scale laptop & iPhone, and other stuff. But I didn't feel like paying the full cost for the figure so I ended up getting a bare version of the figure for much less.

Since the figure was nude, I figured I would employ some 1:6 scale clothes I picked up to fill out one of those "get free shipping for x" type of offers. The clothes actually have the greatest packaging concept I've ever seen. (This is hyperbole.)


They come in a stocking. That's the packaging. Genius. Oh yeah, it's genius because the clothing is Christmas based. And that's why this figure is on my shelf. I don't know why I find it hilarious, but I do. Probably because the terms "Gwyneth Paltrow" and "cheesecake photo" don't feel like they belong together.


She looks ready to give out patronizing holiday themed advice. (If you don't get the reference, Paltrow has an online newsletter where she give out tips on how to raise kids or do household stuff. Supposedly the tone is of a slightly superior Martha Stewart, except it's coming from Gwyneth Paltrow who isn't really renowned for her domestic acumen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment