Friday, September 16, 2011

Hal Jordan... still sucks...

As I've said on multiple occasions, if I had to get a Hal Jordan figure and display it, it would probably be the Movie Masters version since you can pretend he's actually Ryan Reynolds given a power ring. Having said that, I found one clearance, picked it up, and I can now say that the toy is shit and you shouldn't buy it if  you have the chance.


Where to begin? To start with, since this is a Movie Masters figure its smaller than the other DC 6 inch figures. Next, the articulation on the arms is crap. It has cut wrists, hinge elbows, and ball and pin shoulders, but the range of motion you get out of them is almost non-existent. I tried to get the figure to do a bicep curl and here's as far as I could get it.


That's as far as I could get that elbow joint to bend. Oh, and I was trying to get the shoulder to rotate so the arm stuck out 90 degrees from the torso. As you can see that did not happen. Yeah, the shoulder joint didn't really work either. It's like the figure as the illusion of joints. Lame.

Skip this one if you can. Unless you want it as a statue. Although then you'd be better of just buying a statue.



Current Rainbow Corps Collection
Green Lanterns: 14 (I'm seriously thinking about removing the Movie Masters toys from the display.)
Sinestro Corps: 6
Red Lanterns: 3
Star Sapphires: 3
Blue Lanterns: 2
Orange Lanterns: 1
Indigo Lanterns: 1
Black Lanterns: 1

2 comments:

  1. That's really a bummer man. I know we had talked trash about these already, but it sucks to see it live up (or down really) to expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i had the chance to get one for seven bucks, but could see clearly that he wasn't gonna have any articulation

    ReplyDelete