Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ambush Bug & Lobo (DC Minimates)



Why did I buy that?

I like Minimates and I like the characters. Ambush Bug was hilarious in the metafiction comedy comics DC put out a long while back. (In one the villain was a badly photo-manipulated image of one of comic's most beloved editors.) And Lobo was awesome in some of the over-the-top one shots DC did in the 90's (like when he was hired by the Easter Bunny to kill Santa Claus). And now they're in minimate form.

Plus they were on sale and I needed to hit a certain price point to be eligible for free shipping. So it was win-win all around.

Any regrets?

Lobo's widow's peak is a little distracting. He doesn't always have that, depending on the art style. And I sort of wish Ambush Bug was wearing clothes of some sorth. He usually has on a Hawaiian shirt or something. The green is pretty dull.

Am I happy with my purchase?

Yeah, they're pretty cool. I never thought they'd make a Lobo minimate, let alone an Ambush Bug one. It's fricking Ambush Bug!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY CRAP, LOBO AND AMBUSH BUG!

    I'm a grown man. I'm way too old for this stuff. And I'm whipping out my credit card right now.

    ReplyDelete