Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Question (DC Infinite Heroes)


Why did I buy that toy?
Like most of his modern fans, I fell in love with the character "The Question" thanks to his appearances on the Justice League cartoon. I passed on the JLU figure because I don't like the lack of articulation those figures have and I knew they were making a figure of the character for the Infinite Heroes line, which meant it would be in the 3.75" scale.

I've gotten into the idea of 3.75" figures. There's a number of lines in the scale so you get to do toy crossovers (which I love), they're small enough for vehicles, etc. etc. etc. The downside is that for the amount of toy you get they're pretty expensive. But at Target the DC Infinite Heroes are usually $4.99, so yay!

Any regrets?
When I got the Question it in my hand I was very disappointed. The head's a little small and even worse, the damned legs don't move even though they have a hip joint. That's because the Question's coat restricts the leg's movement. So the articulation isn't that great. And the look of the figure is kinda meh. It looks like a generic faceless dude in a suit, as opposed to "Hey! It's the Question." The figure has no personality is what I guess I'm trying to say.

Am I happy with my purchase?
It's pretty lame, but it is a figure of the Question in the scale I wanted. And the fact that it was only $5 makes the pill easier to swallow. So overall it's not a huge disappointment.

2 comments:

  1. There's a variant of him with an overcoat, which I think looks cooler as a figure. I haven't actually seen either version on the pegs yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am still looking for this one to go with my Blue Beetle and Captain Atom.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget