Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Martian Manhunter


Oh hey... why would I buy a DCUC figure of the Martian Manhunter when I hate DCUC figures with capes and his costume is pretty much a cape, suspenders, and shorts? Because he was one of the core figures of the original JLI and I've dedicated myself to buying figures from the core JLI cast.

And that's pretty much it. The character is one of those DC characters that they insist is one of their A-list, who always has to be on the Justice League, but never really got any mainstream love. I mean hell, he was played by the fat middle-aged guy from MASH when they made that live action pilot. Of course the JLI was able to make him interesting, mostly by making him love Oreos and making him the straight man in a house full of comedy characters. Got that? The Martian shapeshifter obsessed with Oreos was the straightman. Good stuff.

J'onn comes with the Validus head and lower torso. I like the Legion, but I don't think I'm ever going to complete this BAF. Mostly because my interest in the other figures in the wave is limited. Also, Validus was never one of my favorite Legion villains.

No comments:

Post a Comment