Monday, July 18, 2011

Sue Storm Star Sapphire

In my ongoing attempt to expand my Green Lantern Classics collection, I picked up an Invisible Woman figure from the Marvel Legends line and head swapped her with a Star Sapphire figure. Of course I had to clip the ridiculously oversized collar a bit. And in my experimentation I almost destroyed the figure's neck, but I think the final product looks pretty good, even if the skin tone isn't an exact match. And really, that wouldn't be a problem if the Star Sapphire costume didn't expose a ridiculous amount of skin.


Seriously, the more I look at that costume the stupider it looks. Fortunaltely I get a sort of schadenfreude out of how bad it is and what it must say about DC Comics decision to perpetuate it in the comics.


But dig it, it's Sue Storm: Star Sapphire (try saying that 5 times fast.... Did you do it? Mind control!) from sector 617:2814. I pretend that's the multiverse world where all those 80's and 90's intercompany comic book crossovers where the characters who had never met before acted like they had shared the same universe.

Current Corps

Green Lanterns: 10
Sinestro Corps: 5
Red Lanterns: 3
Star Sapphires: 3
Blue Lanterns: 1
Orange Lanterns: 1
Indigo Lanterns: 1
Black Lanterns: 1

2 comments:

  1. Its a neat head swap and actually works very well i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually is almost canon--Hal's new girlfriend is a blonde and ended up briefly with Carol's ring.

    ReplyDelete