Monday, April 23, 2012

Lego Minifigures Series 7

So yeah found these and spent 45 minutes squeezing packages to get the ones I wanted. I passed over a lot of this wave, although I might go try and find the daredevil at a later date. So many of the figures were too generic or dull for me. I mean really, what's the difference between a tennis player and one of the regular Lego City generi-men? And truthfully, I've never said to myself, I really want a Lego Hippie. There just weren't as many figures that I considered to be truly inspired. And quite frankly, after 7 waves these dudes don't fell as special anymore. They need to spread out the release schedule a little more.

So let's go over who I did want and why.

Aztec Warrior: He looks amazing, The helmet piece is surprisingly detailed, with painted eyes and a lot of sculpting. Also: one of the running themes in these minifigures that I really like is the historical warriors, so I wanted him to fill out that role as well. Meanwhile the Viking Woman was too similar to the Viking dude from last wave and featured the triangle dress piece I dislike, so I ignored that one. 

Bunny Costume Man: I just thought this was an amusing thing for them to try and create. Because really, if it's not Easter then this guy is a Furry. They made a minifigure that represents a semi-deviant subculture.

Glam Rocker: I just like the non-conformist look. It's a nice diversion from Lego's typical White Euro-centric Suburbia aesthetic that permeates the rest of the Lego lines. 

Bagpiper: Two things: 1) Bagpipes are awesome. 2) It's a Scottish dude wearing a kilt and playing the bagpipes. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found this wave's Stereotypical depiction of a culture or ethnicity! Oh and one other thing they did, that I think is amusing, is that they gave the Scotsman something under his kilt. (As opposed to what legend says is usually under there.) Some white briefs. 

Although the Aztec has himself a thong loincloth apparently.


1 comment:

  1. Haven't located these just yet but am sure they will turn up soon.

    ReplyDelete