Thursday, March 1, 2012

Buyer's Remorse: "I Don't Even Play The Damn Games" Edition


Since my Target has the Series 6 Halo Reach accessory packs I picked up the Team Objectives Spartan Mark V. When we first talked about the wave on the Articulated Monster Podcast (I don't remember what episode), I expressed great interest in the Capture the flag set since it came with standard Red & Blue Spartans with flags. I thought it was the perfect way to get Sarge and Caboose figures, two great characters from the Red vs. Blue Series by Rooster Teeth.

But then it turned out that I read the solicitation wrong and it was actually this set.... Also they added the skulls because they cancelled the Headhunter set. (I don't know what a Headhunter game is. The other James says its a game mode. Or something like that. I just read the press releases.) It's cool and all, but it's not a perfect interpretation of Sarge since it's not an interpretation of Sarge at all but a generic red character. Still, you've got to love all the accessories. Flaming skulls and three flags! Also a gravity hammer. But I dunno if it's worth $30. (Are 5 flaming skulls good? I assume it's a game reference.)

Still, Sarge is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you read it wrong per se, I think they changed the set makeup somewhat when the headhunter set got cancelled. I've never played that mode, so I have no idea if five is good or not. I think that means five kills on one life, which is pretty good.

    Oh, and btw, I hate you for getting this before me.

    ReplyDelete