Thursday, May 26, 2011

Captain Cold


I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Captain Cold. Yeah, I know, peg warmer, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good figure. I don't have a Flash figure, but as I've said in the past, I'm trying to build up my DCUC Villain collection and Cold here is a pretty neat looking villain. 

The costume design is simple yet effective, although since he doesn't have powers, just a guns that shoots cold/freeze ray, you've got to wonder about how he fights off heat exhaustion when he's just running away. Sure he needs to be warm when he turns everything around him into ice, but if you look at his comic book appearances, he doesn't do that very often. Usually he just freezes what needs to be frozen. I dunno, maybe it's actually a thin cotton blend lined with fur and just looks heavy.

Either way, not a bad looking figure. My only real gripe is that his freeze gun doesn't fit tightly in his hand, and as a result tends to droop impotently in his grip. And his holster doesn't close easily. Stupid soft plastic tabs and holes.

Also, it comes with Atom Smasher's head/ass.

1 comment: