Friday, May 27, 2011

Vet with Car


Out of all the Playmobil sets out there right now, I've been looking at the Vet with a Car and wondering if I should buy it, for a while now. Because it's the cheapest Playmobil car out there and I was wondering if it would meet my needs. I actually don't care about the vet, although I find it amusing that she comes with bandages for cats and a scalpel. I imagine this vet always has that scalpel, waiting for that moment when there are no witnesses and she can finally... well... that's a mystery for another day.


Now when I opened the box I was surprised to learn that you've got to assemble some of the parts yourself. I actually kind of like that. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to snap a few pieces of plastic together and get a perfect looking vehicle. It's like old GI Joe vehicles. There's also the added bonus that the roof isn't permanenant sot you can take the roof off and make it a convertible. That's very handy since there aren't any doors on the car.

It's an okay looking car, perfect for the Playmobil figures. But what I really wondered was: Is it in scale for my other 2 or 2.5 or 3 inch minifigures. Let's find out.


Edgar Allen Poe: Yes!


John McClane and Sgt. Al Powell: Yes


Spock and Kirk: Yes


T-700 and T-800: Sort of.


Gandalf: Yes

1 comment:

  1. Ok that car works very well with all of those Mini-Mates so i would say a very good purchase. : )

    ReplyDelete