Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Doctor Who Packaging Error

I just got my Revenge of the Cybermen set in the mail today (I'll get around to a review eventually) and one thing I noticed about the packaging is that it got some facts wrong. It's not unheard of, I counted three on the 11 Doctor's set, more if you include grammar and spelling errors. But I found this one amusing. They list Tom Baker's tenure as the Doctor incorrectly. Keep in mind that Tom Baker was the Doctor for 7 years, so no, he did not start in 1979 and leave in 1981. I mean, geez Character Options, it's not like you don't know this. You put the right years on the other side of the box. I guess it makes sense that maybe the guy putting together the packaging for this set didn't know the right dates but you'd think the graphic he put on the box declaring this story taking place in 1975 might have been a good hint that 1979 was wrong. I'm being kind of a dick about this.

3 comments: