Thursday, April 21, 2011

Revenge of the Cybermen

What do you do if a set you really want is only available in the UK with no signs of a North American release? If you're me, you buy it off e-bay. Fortunately the price ended up being what around what I'd end up paying for the set if it ever got releasedin the states, so all is well. I now have every Classic Cyberman figure ever released in this toy line (Except that B&W cyberman, but that sucks, so who cares.)

These are the Cyberleader and Cybermen from the story Revenge of the Cybermen. They don't have guns because these are the only Cybermen who shot pure death out of the bit where their head lamps should be. These action figures all use the same body, with the only difference being the Cyberleader's black handlebars. Their heads don't move, but if you try and turn them you can pop the head off (as seen in the picture above). It pops back on just as easily and is pretty secure otherwise.



These are also the only Cybermen I've seen with protruding back elements. It makes the Cybermen seem bulkier when seen in profile. I don't know how I feel about this, but it's show accurate, so whatever. Incidentally, I think the way they've designed the hands on these three guys looks kinda weird. Almost like they're about to summon a fireball.




The Cybermen also come with a Cybermat. If this looks weird, not how you remember, that's because they redesigned them.... into this slug like thing... Incidently, it looks like they're going back to the classic bug like design in the new season of Doctor Who, so hooray! This toy is... weird. No articulation and if you didn't know what it was you would be so damned confused.

1 comment:

  1. DUDE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR 1 SET OF THIS! I AM SOOOOOO PISSED!

    ReplyDelete