Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Courtroom Egon Spengler & Scolari Brother Tony


It's hard to figure out what to call this set since the front of the box spells it "Scolari" but the back of the box spells it "Scoleri." I'd complain if I really cared, but it's just fun to point out proofreading errors on professionally printed material. It makes me feel better about myself. Incidentally, the ghosbuster wiki says "Scoleri" so let's go with that.

Better known as the fat one and the skinny one from Ghostbusters 2, the Scoleri brothers were really the first ghosts in the movie. The fat one is packaged with Ray, but I didn't get him. I got Egon and the thin one. I didn't think I'd ever get this set even though I really like minimate ghost figures because the Egon figure did nothing for me. It's a Ghostbuster out of uniform, boring.

But then Toys R Us priced all Ghostbuster movie minimates down to under $2.50, and SOLD! I'm assuming this is to make room for the Real Ghostbuster minimate waves that are supposed to be out soon, but even so: cheap minimates! So cheap that even Egon in a dull suit looks good! Oh, and Egon, you're supposed to wear the tie under the sweater. Unless this is supposed to be a character thing about how unconventional Egon is.

I understand that it'd be too expensive, but I sort of wish that the Scoleri brothers came with the electric chairs they first appeared in. That was an awesome visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment