Thursday, June 30, 2011

Naut Kei Loi / Medphyll


I've got a problem with Medphyll because after he lost his powers he tried to be a hero but eventually the dude betrayed some of his allies and got Jack Knight (Starman) killed. Then he showed up again and magic retcon, no that never happened and Medphyl is once again a trusted member of the Corps. So instead of using Medphyll, I'm going to pop on the alternate head and have this figure be Naut Kei Loi. Not because I prefer the character of Naut Kei Loi, truth be told I know nothing about him, but he's a fish wearing a space helmet filled with water so he can breathe on land and in space, and that's awesome.


Because I like space helmets and I like fish people who wear special environmental suits to live on land. Why would you do that fish? You're meant to live in the sea. You don't see people wearing diving suits to live under water full time, do you? Actually do you? Because as fish, you'd probably be the first to know.

So for this single figure with two heads, we add Naut Kei Loi to our Rainbow Corps. The only question now is how completist do I get? Do I get another figure to have Medphyll in the background? (Or as I will pretend in my head, Medphyll's younger cousin trying to redeem the family name.)

Current Corps

Green Lanterns: 10
Sinestro Corps: 4
Red Lanterns: 2
Star Sapphires: 1
Black Lanterns: 1

3 comments:

  1. hey nice toy blog here :)
    how about link exchange with mine sir ?
    http://toys-and-hobbies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had that figure, I'd be displaying it with the fish head too. Aesthetically, I think it just looks cooler. However, if the tree head were entirely green, I would probably go with that one, because hey, broccoli head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, I thought he was supposed to be a broccoli head. Now that you mention it, his face is brown.

    ReplyDelete